phpMyAdmin is a free and open source tool written in PHP intended to handle the administration of MySQL or MariaDB with the use of a web browser. It can perform various tasks such as creating, modifying or deleting databases, tables, fields or rows; executing SQL statements; or managing users and permissions.
- Login to phpMyAdmin using root credentials.
- On the phpMyAdmin default page click on user tab
- Click on the “Add User”
- Fill only the following details
- User name
- Leave all other options and click on Go
- You should see the new user in the User overview. Global privileges should say “Usage”
- Click on the “Edit Privileges” of the user that you are created.
- Go to Database-specific privileges Section and Select the database in front of Add privileges on the following database
- You will automatically redirect to Database-specific privileges (Check All /Uncheck All), Select privileges and click on Go.
- That's It